Monday, February 10, 2014

Non-Reading Significant Others and Finding Time To Read

So, today I wanted to talk a little about having a non-reader as a significant other. I don't know if I am in the majority or minority in this situation but, it definitely lends itself to some funny situations at least in my house.  My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 years and I started my blog almost two years ago, as I started blogging as I am sure many of you know I began to accumulate so many more books then I had before. I always try to imagine how huge my bookshelf would be if I had all the books on my kindle on my shelf. This topic came up because my bookshelf is becoming overwhelming and we are having to rearrange our bookshelf to contain only my books it also houses our VHS tapes and DVD's.  One of the many things I love about my boyfriend is that he doesn't try to do anything to make my hobby and love of books stop, except maybe when money is tight LOl, he doesn't read no matter how hard I try to convince him to try just one book out, he may fall in love. He used to read manga's and really enjoys anime so I can imagine that he would enjoy reading a book but, he just won't do it.

The only thing that makes a love of books and reading a hobby that I sometimes have to not get to spend as much time on it as I would like is the fact that it is such an independent one, when you are reading  you are being as social and sometimes, I have to give up time I would like to be reading to spend with my boyfriend. It's not that I don't want to spend my time with him of course it's just that I wish I would be able to read and spend time with him at the same time. I have tried to incorporate him although he hasn't been interested LOL, I suggested I read aloud to him but he didn't want to do it. I know many of  you other blogger's have families and children and I honestly have no idea how you fit everything into your schedule I can barely work,  go to school, read, and spend time with my boyfriend so I definitely want to give you guys kudos for the amazing feats you must perform.


So, now I am going to leave it up to you guys, how do you find the time to do everything you want during your day and still fit in time to read, let me know in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. I think about this all the time. My fiance had to build me a new bookshelf a couple months ago. It has been hard though to manage reading and my relationship because I love spending time together. He of course has no problem letting me read but it is a juggling act. I have been finding time to read while I am biking at the gym actually.

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband doesn't read at all either. He likes to play sport, so while he is off playing sport I read :) I find that blogging helps me read more. I have committed to posting two reviews a week, and because I don't want to let my followers down, I make sure I read two books a week so I can post those two reviews. Sometimes if I'm running out of time I'll read a shorter book. Having a deadline to read a book is the only reason I read the amount I do. I think when your really busy you have to make time for the things you love or it just want happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boyfriend isn't into books either. Well, he does pick up a book every now and again, but he takes a long time to finish it and doesn't just zip through it like I do. But he knows my love for books and is completely supportive. He doesn't mind when I forget to call sometimes because I'm absorbed in a book. He reads my book blog and we talk about it sometimes.

    But I still make time for him when I'm not reading. Very important. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...