Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Review: Find Me (Find Me #1) By: Romily Bernard



Title: Find Me (Find Me #1)
Author: Romily Bernard
Published:  September 24th, 2013
Source: E -Galley From the Publisher
Buy  The Book: Amazon/Barnes and Noble
My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
Goodreads Summary:
“Find Me.”

These are the words written on Tessa Waye’s diary. The diary that ends up with Wick Tate. But Tessa’s just been found . . . dead.

Wick has the right computer-hacking skills for the job, but little interest in this perverse game of hide-and-seek. Until her sister Lily is the next target.

Then Griff, trailer-park boy next door and fellow hacker, shows up, intent on helping Wick. Is a happy ending possible with the threat of Wick’s deadbeat dad returning, the detective hunting him sniffing around Wick instead, and a killer taunting her at every step?

Foster child. Daughter of a felon. Loner hacker girl. Wick has a bad attitude and sarcasm to spare.

But she’s going to find this killer no matter what.

Because it just got personal

 My Thoughts:

 I was really looking forward to reading Find Me, it sounded mysterious and
 creepy, definitely something that was up my alley. But, for me this one was just ok. I never completely connected with Wicket or Wick, the main character. I also expected a bit more action throughout the story and the intensity and twists didn't really happen till towards the end which finally got me excited about the story and on the edge of my seat.

Wicket and Lily are  finally starting their lives over, they are finally away from their criminal daughter and in their new foster home. Tessa is a hacker and she has been dropped into the middle of a creepy game that has already claimed the life of her former best friend Tessa Waye. For some reason Tessa's diary lands in the hands of Wick, she finds out that  her sister Lily is the next target of the man who has already claimed Tessa.

Wicket was definitely a tough girl, she had so many walls put up to keep everyone out and she and her sister really had a hard road to walk in their lives and it was the only way that she knew how to cope. She wasn't ready for her new life, her foster parents wanted to adopt her and her sister, she wanted to let them in and she knew that her sister was really happy with them and wanted Wick to feel the same way. I don't know why but, maybe the walls that Wick put up made it hard for me as a reader to connect with her as well. At times she felt like she wasn't feeling anything with everything that was going around her, she just took it in stride and kept on going.

The romance between Wick and her love interest Griff really didn't add anything to the story for me. Griff was obviously intrigued by Wick and he was willing to help her no matter what and he had secrets of his own that made him mysterious but, I never really felt the chemistry or the connection between the two of them.


Overall, most of Find Me was just ok for me, once the action began I was sucked into the story and it redeemed itself a bit for me in the end but, I wanted more action throughout the story to make me excited and invested more in the story. 

Want some more thoughts on Find Me? Check out the links below!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that's too bad it didn't really do anything for you. I've been seeing some good and not-so reviews for this one though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...