Sunday, July 28, 2013

Review: Unraveling (Unraveling #1) By: Elizabeth Norris





Title:  Unraveling (Unraveling #1)
Author: Elizabeth Norris
Published: April 24th 2012
Source: Bought
Buy The Book: Amazon/Barnes and Noble
My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!
Goodreads Summary:

Sixteen-year-old Janelle Tenner is used to having a lot of responsibility. She balances working as a lifeguard in San Diego with an intense academic schedule. Janelle's mother is bipolar, and her dad is a workaholic FBI agent, which means Janelle also has to look out for her younger brother, Jared.

And that was before she died...and is brought back to life by Ben Michaels, a mysterious, alluring loner from her high school. When she discovers a strange clock that seems to be counting down to the earth's destruction, Janelle learns she has twenty-four days to figure out how to stop the clock and save the planet

 My Thoughts:

I absolutely loved this book!! I really don't remember reading a ton about this book but, when the sequel Unbreakable came out and everyone was talking about it, I knew I had to see what this book was about. I had heard Sci-Fi mentioned in many reviews and I was so curious because I really didn't have any idea about what to expect when I started this book, Norris created an amazing and adventurous page-turner that I had such a hard time putting down and each character was so important to the story I loved every single aspect of this book. 

It's hard to talk about the plot of this book only because one of the aspects that I loved so much was that I had no idea where the story was going because I didn't know much about what it was about so I am going to attempt to tell you a bit without saying much hopefully. Janelle really was your model teenager, she was super smart and had a lot of responsibility on her shoulders. Her mother has bipolar disorder and it has left Janelle with helping take care of her family more  than your average teenager. Her dad is an FBI agent and loves his job, he works a lot and she helps with her brother Jared in so many ways.  At first I was wary of Janelle's dad only because when I first read that Janelle had to take care of her brother because her dad worked so much I felt bad for her, that her dad should be the one stepping up and not her but, her dad was great and along with the FBI job he brought so many more people into her life that cared about her like his partner Strutz, who I loved he was like a second dad to Janelle and Jared and cared about them like they were his own.

 The romance is hard to describe I didn't fall in love with it but,  I didn't hate it either and for most of the  book the romance was in the background and I really didn't think twice about it, the adventure was what I loved the most, never knowing what was going to happen next. Plus, the book did have a few emotional moments at least they were emotional for me, it brought tears to my eyes and had me bawling for a few pages. 

Overall, Unraveling was better than I could  have ever expected, for once the no expectations worked and mine were definitely exceeded. I felt like this book was a roller coaster ride that I never wanted to end, it gave me adventure, romance, and the feels which is definitely everything a great book needs. I can't wait to pick up Unbreakable and see what kind of adventure Norris leads me on next!

Want some more thoughts on Unraveling? Check out the links below!

Eveline's Books  
Nose Graze 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I can't wait to see what you think about Unbreakable since you loved this one so much. And especially since you weren't fully committed to the romance. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember a lot of buzz about it either but I'm glad I checked it out as I was blown away too. Hope you enjoy Unbreakable!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...