Sunday, April 28, 2013

Review: The Goddess Inheritance (The Goddess Test #3) By: Aimee Carter






Title: The Goddess Inheritance (The Goddess Test #3)
 Author: Aimee Carter
Published: February 26th, 2013
My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Goodreads Summary:
Love or life.
Henry or their child.
The end of her family or the end of the world.
Kate must choose.


During nine months of captivity, Kate Winters has survived a jealous goddess, a vengeful Titan and a pregnancy she never asked for. Now the Queen of the Gods wants her unborn child, and Kate can't stop her--until Cronus offers a deal.

In exchange for her loyalty and devotion, the King of the Titans will spare humanity and let Kate keep her child. Yet even if Kate agrees, he'll destroy Henry, her mother and the rest of the council. And if she refuses, Cronus will tear the world apart until every last god and mortal is dead.

With the fate of everyone she loves resting on her shoulders, Kate must do the impossible: find a way to defeat the most powerful being in existence, even if it costs her everything.

Even if it costs her eternity.

My Thoughts:

 I have to admit that this series has not been my favorite although I did continue to the last book, the ending of the second book made me wondering so much I had to find out what happened with this cast of characters which in my opinion shows the mark of a good writer, even if I didn't love the book, I still had to know what happened and where the story would go.

What I did enjoy was the fact that the action started off right away and it kept me reading and into the story, although I have to admit that one of  the things that did surprise me is  I didn't feel as much character growth with our main character Kate as I did in the last two books, of course there was some  but, not necessarily in the ways that I would have liked, one of the things that I admire and  don't like about her character was how self sacrificing she was. Yes, I know that might make me seem a little bit selfish but, she was always willing to give herself up at every turn in this book which is what I didn't like, she seemed less willing to fight and more ready to just give up and let Cronus take over and win.

The character that I felt changed the most and showed the most change was Ava, after everything that had happened. I don't want to go into too much detail about her because I don't want to ruin the story but, I admired her the most. 

Overall, Goddess Inheritance was a satisfying read, their wasn't many twists and turns that made me excited, for the last book in a trilogy all of the plot lines were tied up neatly with an easy ending, I am definitely  wondering what Aimee Carter will be writing next!

3 comments:

  1. Being a Greek Mythology nerd, this series rather let me down as I had high hopes. Nevertheless, it was quite an entertaining read. I agree, Ava changed so freakin much! Additionally, I felt like Kate was being overly dramatic as she was like, "I must sacrifice this" blahblahblah. It just got repetitive and boring for me I guess.

    Lovely review Kristin! <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not my favorite series either, but I committed to see it through to the end, and I will do it...eventually. :) Thanks for the honest review. I'll get around to my copy someday. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a die-hard Greek mythology fan, it's hard to see this series go. I loved everything about it and am impressed with the way Aimee Carter has re-envisioned such a classic world. Throughout the series, I have been impressed with her ability to blend amazing characters with such a well crafted plot. This series is a must for mythology fans.
    suggested Dallas Divorce Attorney Engle Law Group

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...