Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday!



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine, that highlights upcoming book releases that everyone is waiting on.

This weeks selection is:



Title: Half Lives
Author: Sarah Grant
Published: July 9th, 2013
Goodreads Summary:

 I learned that surviving isn't all it's cracked up to be. If you survive, you've got to live with the guilt, and that's more difficult than looking someone in the eye and pulling the trigger. Trust me. I've done both. Killing takes a twitch of the finger. Absolution takes several lifetimes.
Seventeen-year-old Icie's parents have given her $10,000 in cash, a map of a top-secret bunker, and instructions to get there by any means necessary. They have news of an imminent viral attack and know that the bunker is Icie's only hope for survival. Along with three other teens, she lives locked away for months, not knowing what's happening in the outside world or who has survived. And are they safe in the bunker after all?
Generations in the future, a mysterious cult worships the very mountain where Icie's secret bunker was built. They never leave the mountain, they're ruled by a teenager...and they have surprising ties to Icie.
This high-stakes, original, and thought-provoking adventure from Sara Grant follows two unlikely heroes, hundreds of years apart, as they fight to survive.


My Thoughts:

The summary is definitely intriguing, I love adventure and action so I hope to read and enjoy this one! 


5 comments:

  1. Nice! Haven't heard of this one but I hope you enjoy it once you get a hold of it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a lot of fun! And that cover is gorgeous and modern. Love it.

    Thanks for stopping by, hon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEEK that cover is CUHREEPY! But it's still so awesome! I've never heard of this title though, but I do love action and adventure! :D I hope you enjoy it if you read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow-I hadn't heard of this one but it looks so interesting! What does the cult have to do with anything???

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is on my TBR too. Hope you get to read it soon.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...