Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Bookish Goals 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme that is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This week's topic is my top ten bookish goals for 2013!

1. Read 120 Books this year

It has almost been a year since I started this blog and last year I read 105 books, so I wanted to challenge myself and make my goal a little higher this year, so far I am doing pretty good and I hope that I don't get behind once school starts back up again which usually happens

2. Meet my goals for my 2013 reading Challenges!

This is also my first time participating in reading challenges and I am really excited about them. The first one the debut author challenge always excites because it seems like 2013 is going to be an amazing year for debuts and I can't wait to read them all. The second challenge I am participating in this year is The Standalone Reading Challenge, I read a lot of books that are part of a series and sometimes it's nice to just read one book that has a beginning, middle, and end and not have to read a series. The last challenge that I am participating in this year is The last challenge that I am participating in is a Dystopian reading challenge, I guess I never really thought about how many dystopians I read this last year and it just seems like the genre is becoming more and more popular in YA, I do enjoy them but sometimes they do tend to get overwhelming sometimes.

3. Be more active on Twitter and Facebook. I love Twitter but, I am not social enough on it which I really hope to change, I would love to chat more about books and you can never have enough bloggy friends!

4.  Write my reviews sooner. I tend to read really fast and I am really bad at writing my reviews right after I read a book, I have all these ideas that I think of and what I want to say in my review and by the time I write my review I forget what I had wanted to say or I remember it after I write my review and I am disappointed that I didn't remember to add what I wanted to say.

5. Start a review notebook. I know a lot of bloggers use a notebook when reading, they add thoughts or comments and it seems like a really great idea, I hope to start this, and continue it throughout the year, that way I won't forget a point I want to make or a comment that popped into my head while I was reading.

6. Reread some of my old favorites.  We all have our favorite series or books that we own and know that we will enjoy them no matter how many times we read them. I love Richelle Mead books and Cassie Clare books, I hope to have some time to read these authors books again this year to remind myself why I love reading so much and get to be with my favorite characters.

7. Do more discussion posts. I love getting to read some of the discussion posts some of my fellow bloggers have written, it's interesting to read the comments and see what everyone else thinks, I hope to be able to discuss my opinions on topics and also to hear what you guys think. If you guys have any ideas for discussion post for me leave them in the comments!

8. Get to the library more.  I hope to get to the library and pick up some books that I have been wanting to read, I tend  to be lazy and just buy them on kindle or in a physical copy and I need to try to save more money by reading them at the library first and if I really enjoy them then buy them and add them to my collection.



2 comments:

  1. I do the same thing w/ reviews sometimes. I'll have all these ideas, but then when I actually get around to writing the review I forget and sometimes I don't even have the book to refer to anymore, so I feel like the review suffers! I'd like to do more discussion posts too, that's a good goal!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your goals. I would like to reread old books as well. I need to make time for it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...