Friday, October 26, 2012

Review: The Innocents (The Innocents#1) By: Lili Peloquin


Title: The Innocents (The Innocents #1)
Author: LIly Peloquin
Published: October 16th, 2012
My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars
Goodreads Summary:

Nothing ever came between sisters Alice and Charlie.
Friends didn't.
Boys couldn't.
Their family falling apart never would.
Until they got to Serenity Point.
"The Innocents" is the first in a new series of young adult novels that weave a saga of nail-biting drama, breathless romance, and gothic mystery.

My Thoughts:

I received this book from Goodreads First Reads.

I was really excited when I found out this book, it seemed mysterious and scandalous and I am sucker for rich kids and drama, but I have to admit that even though I enjoyed this book I was a little bit disappointed.

Alice and Charlie are very close for sisters, they are both so different from each other that they never had to compete with one another for anything so they get along so well. Their mother has just remarried a new man, Richard. Richard is loaded and they are whisked off for the summer to the town of Serenity Point, full of mansions and where everyone belongs to the Country Club. Alice and Charlie have a feeling that their new step dad and maybe even their mother are hiding something, and they are determined to find out what. A mix of Gossip Girl and Pretty Little Liars, this book was a lot of fun!

Alice and Charlie were great characters, thrown into a town full of entitled rich kids who get everything they want was definitely something that they weren't used to and they were the fish out of water. Charlie on the one hand is outgoing and is determined to fit in right away while, Alice is quiet and shy, she prefers to be alone. I enjoyed reading about the both of them because they had a great relationship with each other and I know when I was a teenager my little sister and I did not get along as well as these two did.

Overall, this book was a fun read that did remind me a little of a mix of Pretty Little Liars and Gossip Girl. I did enjoy most of it but,  the only thing that disappointed me was that I figured out what the main characters were trying to figure it out around halfway through the book so, I spent the rest just waiting for them to figure it out. But despite that I still enjoyed reading this one,  if you enjoy a mystery and the lives of the rich, give this one a try!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Figuring something out well before the characters is one of my pet peeves though...so frustrating!...so I may give this one a pass.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...