Sunday, July 29, 2012

Review: The Golden Lily (Bloodlines #2) By: Richelle Mead


Title: The Golden Lily (Bloodlines #2)
Author: Richelle Mead
Published: June 12, 2012
My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!
Goodreads Summary:

The second thrilling installment in Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy spinoff series

Tough, brainy alchemist Sydney Sage and doe-eyed Moroi princess Jill Dragomir are in hiding at a human boarding school in the sunny, glamorous world of Palm Springs, California. The students--children of the wealthy and powerful--carry on with their lives in blissful ignorance, while Sydney, Jill, Eddie, and Adrian must do everything in their power to keep their secret safe. But with forbidden romances, unexpected spirit bonds, and the threat of Strigoi moving ever closer, hiding the truth is harder than anyone thought.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Richelle Mead's breathtaking Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive. In this second book, the drama is hotter, the romances are steamier, and the stakes are even higher.

My Thoughts:

The Golden Lily was an amazing follow up to Bloodlines, Richelle Mead has the amazing ability to creat a world that you just get lost in. Everything that she writes I just eat up, I am really looking forward to reading some of her adult series, my mother in law keeps bugging me to read them lol. 

Sydney and the while gang are back for another crazy adventure with some old friends from Vampire Academy, Dimitri and Sonya (YAY!) Who have come to Palm Springs to enlist the help of Adrian in investigating the effects of spirit on the people who were once Strigoi. 

Sydney's character is always someone that I have to get used to. She is a totally opposite person from me so, I always have to get  used to how she thinks and they way she is. She is a professional and conservative person to the core. She is super smart and lives her life through facts and statistics. I always enjoy watching Sydney take everything she has been taught and believes in about vampires and have it tested as her relationship with each character grows.

Now, onto my favorite character, Adrian. I love his relationship with Sydney the most, their easy-going friendship and endless banter with each other never fails to make me smile and their relationship really grew in this book. Sydney got to see the more real and private side to Adrian, he showed her his vunerability. I loved getting to see how Adrian knows Sydney and her personality so much better than she even realizes. I couldn't help but to let out a little cheer becasue after everything Adrian has been through with Rose, he deserves to be happy.

Overall, this a great follow up in the series, although I did wish their was a little more action and of course a little bit more Dimitri, he is one of my all time favorite book boys and I can just never get enough for him. If you haven't read the Vampire Academy series or the Bloodlines series, I definitely recommend them, Richelle Mead is an amazing storyteller and you won't regret picking either of these series up!

Happy Reading!
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...