Friday, May 11, 2012

Review: Until I Die By: Amy Plum (Revenants #2)



Title: Until I Die (Revenants #2)
Author: Amy Plum
Published: May 8th, 2012
My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Goodreads Summary:

Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love.

As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy.

In Die for Me, Amy Plum created a captivating paranormal mythology with immortal revenants and a lush Paris setting. Until I Die is poised to thrill readers with more heart-pounding suspense, spellbinding romance, and a cliff-hanger ending that will leave them desperate for the third and final novel in the series.

My Thoughts: 

So I didn't know that I could fall in love with these characters even more then I already was but, I totally did! Vincent is willing to do whatever he can do to be with Kate, even resist the compelling urge to save human lives and to grow old with her. I loved how selfless he was being and I enjoyed seeing the romance and love between the two of them grow more throughout the book.

I also really enjoyed getting to see Kate's relationship with her family and Vincent's family, grow and change. I love how special Kate is to each of these people and how much everyone adores and respects her. She is definitely an amazing girl in my opinion. There was also way more action in this book then there was in the first, with new dangers and new characters all along the way. One of my favorite things that Kate gets to do is have fighting lessons. It made me just like her character even more, and she actually got the chance to take was she had learned and put it to good use. I love a girl who is tough enough to defend herself and not just sit back and let everyone else fight the fights for her. She grew much more into herself and became a stronger person in this book. 

I have to say that I completely did not expect it to end the way that it did and I was surprised, maybe a little bit angry, and dying to know what is going on in the third book and how their story will end I can't wait!! If you like Die for me, then this book will not disappoint and it will live you dying to read the last book!

5 comments:

  1. Love this book ^_^
    Vincent really is an incredible character, as is Kate!
    I love the fact it's set in Paris - it makes a lovely change compared with majority of YA.
    Can't wait for the next book! :) ( oh and GAHHH THAT ENDING! )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to start reading this book! >.< Awesome review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this series but it is said that is good. So I think I'll give'em a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love female characters that learn to fight and defend themselves too. Great review. I can't wait to read this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to read the first one for so long, and you've made me want to go grab it off the shelf -- it's over there -- I can almost see it from my desk -- yes! I'm going to go get it!

    Awesome review. Thanks!

    Irene (Eureka Joe's)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...