Monday, April 9, 2012

Review: Dreaming Dangerously

 



Title:  Dreaming Dangerously
Author: Kathleen Harsch
Published: September 10th, 2011
Series: Children of the Psi #1
My rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Goodreads Summary:

What if you could HEAR thoughts?

Thanks to her ability to mind-drop, Cassie can hear the thoughts of everyone around her. But sometimes her telepathy is more of a curse than a psychic gift, especially when it comes to Will Rossi.

Reason #1: He pushes his thoughts at her, whether she wants to hear them or not.

Reason #2: His sexy, vindictive ex-girlfriend.

Reason #3: His dimples are absolutely, 100% distracting.

To her surprise, Cassie feels drawn to Will's electromagnetic vibes. Yet, as she falls for him, she discovers their relationship has some serious side effects. She begins to have dreams about the future - dreams that come true in horrifying ways.

Cassie needs to learn to trust Will, or she won't be able to prevent the tragedy she sees coming

My thoughts:
                Ok, so I was really excited when Kathleen Harsch contacted me to review this book. (She is the first author to do so) I didn't know what to expect from this book after reading the summary of it but it did seem really interesting to me. It felt new and different because it was still a paranormal type of book but without many of the aspects I usually expect and read about (no vampires, werewolves, or faeries lol) I really, really enjoyed reading this book. For me it was a short and quick read, and once I started reading I couldn't put it down and I just flew through it.
                The first thing that I really like about this book is that the plot flowed really well. It didn't drag at any parts and it kept my  attention and I never felt bored at any point. I connected with the main character Cassie right away. I  couldn't imagine having to deal with everything that she had to go through on a daily basis. She could read people's minds and know what they were thinking at any time and even when they were telling her the truth or a lie. Nobody knows her secret and  she has learned that she can't tell anybody her secret, who would want to  be friends with or trust someone who knows all their private thoughts and their secrets. Cassie is forced to move to a new town and a new school because her parents are opening their own restaraunt and she is not happy about it. In the very beginning of the book, she meets a guy named Will who she learns has a crush on her, and he forces his thoughts into her head without her having to want to learn what he is thinking. Will, I really enjoyed him and thought he as a really cute and sweet guy and I immediately liked it him. One of things I really liked about his relationship with Cassie is it felt more real to me then some relationships do when you a read a book, yes their relationship moved fast but, Cassie didn't just fall in love with him and that was the end of it she questioned herself and their relationship, admitting that she hadn't known him for a long time and she didn't automatically trust him and that definitely made me enjoy the book more when I really felt their relationship grow and not just have them instantly in love.  There was definitely a few twists and turns to the story and I really liked it. I enjoyed the ending a lot also, it tied up all the loose ends but also gave you a little bit of a teaser and cliff hanger of what was to happen next.
                I would like to thank Kathleen for giving me the chance to review her book and I cannot wait until he sequel  comes out to see what happens in Cassie and Will's story.

If you would like to learn more and/ or purchase this book visit:

Kathleen Harsch's Goodreads page  Her book is available for giveway on Goodreads first reads until April 13th

Kathleen Harsch's Blog

Purchase her book

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Kristin for your wonderful review of Dreaming Dangerously. I can't wait to do an author interview with you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...