Monday, April 23, 2012

Review: Dark Kiss By: Michelle Rowen



Title: Dark Kiss
Author: Michelle Rowen
Published: May 22nd 2012
Series: Nightwatchers #1
My rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars
Goodreads Summary:
I don't do dangerous.  Smart, über-careful, ordinary Samantha-that's me. But I just couldn't pass up a surprise kiss from my number-one unattainable crush. A kiss that did something to me...something strange. Now I feel hungry all the time, but not for food. It's like part of me is missing-and I don't know if I can get it back. Then there's Bishop. At first I thought he was just a street kid, but the secrets he's keeping are as intense as his unearthly blue eyes. If he's what I think he is, he may be the only one who can help me. But something terrifying is closing in, and the one chance Bishop and I have to stop it means losing everything I ever wanted and embracing the darkness inside me.... NIGHTWATCHERS When angels and demons must work together, something beyond evil is rising...
My thoughts:
What would you do if the guy that you have had a crush on for years, suddenly came up to you one day and showed interest in you and wanted to kiss you?( I don't know about you guys but, I for one would be all for it.) But, for Samantha it changes her life completely and shows her secrets about herself she never knew existed.  Angels and Demons working together on a mission to save Samantha's town Trinity from a common enemy they call "The Source."
Overall, I really enjoyed the plot and story for this book. As far as a book with angels and demons in it, I felt that the plot was different from many of the angel books that I have read. The main thing that I didn't like about this book was the character introduction. I felt like you really never got to know any of the characters in the book. You first meet Samantha who is the main character but, right after you get started with the book the whole storyline and adventure begins and you really lose getting to learn about who she is and anything that can really make the reader feel  a connection to her. This book had a little bit of everything from the angels and demons to special powers and some romance (which in my opinion was one of those I just met you, I don't know you at all, but I am totally in love with you) which is what turned me off to that aspect of it. I was disappointed in the lack of character development and the development of relationships between them. I love to fall in love with a character and relate to her, want her to suceed in every way. It was hard for me to feel that for Samantha because I never felt like I really got to know her just the shallow surface.
What I did like about this book was the plot and storyline, even though I never completely connected with the characters, I really did enjoy reading their adventure. You were thrown into their journey in the first few pages and it had me hooked. I do definitely want to read the next book in the series and see where the story is going to go, overall a good read and defintely had me on the edge of my seat wanting to know what was going to happen next

1 comment:

  1. I love books with angels.. I will have to check this one out :)
    Great blog, I'm now following :D

    Laura
    http://whats--hot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...